Chrome Family Safety Extension

Hi there!

Please help us improve our Chrome addon. What do you like? What don’t you like? What can we change or add to the browser? I personally read every piece of feedback that comes in and I try my best to reply to every one of them also.

Hey, did you know that we now have a free iPad browser? You can download it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/free-browser-for-families./id675451608?mt=8

Thanks,
Paul

Founder/CEO, MetaCert
paul@metacert.com

1. When a site is blocked, please don't have *********** Warning as the page title.

Most of the time and the sites kids will try go in will be innocent enough but having them see that every time they try to go somewhere they shouldn't only peaks the curiosity and will actually encourage them to find out what it is. A quick change here would be a good idea. Right now it's a deal breaker for me and I'll wait to see if it's updated before I reactivate it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Chrome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

I’m not sure I understand what it is you dislike. Would you please provide a little more info? If you are saying we shouldn’t have a block page, that’s impossible to change because we don’t just have kids using our software. And it must be possible to dispute a blocked page in case it’s wrong.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Loading of a bad site

Very good extension. Just : pages are blocked but appear during the loading time.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hello, I am trying to watch videos on Youtube, but all of the channels and videos are unavailable or non-exi

Hello, I am trying to watch videos on YouTube, but all of the channels and videos are unavailable or non-existent. When I disable Metacert, the videos and channels begin working. I have checked if these videos are labeled as safe by Metacert's standards, and they are. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

What setting do you have set on your Chrome extension? And what page do you get when you try to access the videos? If our extension is blocking anything you will see a block page.

Warm regards,
    Paul

• Don't see your idea?

Chrome Family Safety Extension

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base