Chrome Family Safety Extension

Hi there!

Please help us improve our Chrome addon. What do you like? What don’t you like? What can we change or add to the browser? I personally read every piece of feedback that comes in and I try my best to reply to every one of them also.

Hey, did you know that we now have a free iPad browser? You can download it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/free-browser-for-families./id675451608?mt=8

Thanks,
Paul

Founder/CEO, MetaCert
paul@metacert.com

1. Hello, I am trying to watch videos on Youtube, but all of the channels and videos are unavailable or non-exi

Hello, I am trying to watch videos on YouTube, but all of the channels and videos are unavailable or non-existent. When I disable Metacert, the videos and channels begin working. I have checked if these videos are labeled as safe by Metacert's standards, and they are. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

What setting do you have set on your Chrome extension? And what page do you get when you try to access the videos? If our extension is blocking anything you will see a block page.

Warm regards,
    Paul

2. Is it possible to control multiple devices from one device?

I can't seem to find that data.

p.s Thank you for taking on this serious problem!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I don't know where to post this so I am putting it here

The page for The Main Street Mouse page on Facebook is blocked, it was not two days ago. This is the Facebook page for a Disney fan page blog.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Dianna,

Can you please provide me with the URL for the page you are having trouble trying to access? As soon as you give us that we’ll be able to review and update accordingly.

I think I remember seeing something like this before so perhaps we’ve already fixed this for you. Please let me know.

Many thanks,
    Paul

Paul Walsh
    CEO, MetaCert

4. Catholic websites are often blocked

Just as some Jewish websites have been blocked, Catholic websites are also often made unavaialbe. MetaCert blocks all sorts of websites such as the blog for the Archdiocese of Washington D.C. and Fr. Dwight Longenecker's blog, and many other Patheos blogs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Can you please tell us exactly what the domains are? It sounds like there might be a connection which is why they were/are labeled. As soon as you tell us which ones are being blocked we’ll change the status and get to the bottom of why they were labeled in the first place.

Many thanks,
    Paul

Paul Walsh
    CEO, MetaCert

5. The only fundamental feature that there is no

Is very simple for anyone to uninstall the plugin.
    So can you add a password protection to prevent the uninstallation (in Firefox and in Chrome)?
    Kids are very very smart!
    If you add this feature i think that metacert could be the best family filter!

Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@cloubu you are right. This is why our browser software is more suitable for young kids and adults (who want to block explicit content).

You could try using our DNS service which is more difficult for kids to disable. There is more info on our website and the service is free https://blog.metacert.com/metacert-dns-for-family-safety/

We will update our browser extensions soon but it’s technically very difficult if not impossible (for some browsers) to stop users from deleting or uninstalling extensions.

6. Lock safe search - & - Password Protection - & - Lock File Storage sites

I think that you should to:
    - add an option to lock safe search for the most important search engines (Google, Bing, ...) like K9 Web Protection
    (www.k9webprotection.com/)
    - add a password to prevent the uninstallation of the plugin like ProCon Latte for Firefox
    (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/procon-latte/)
    - add an option to lock File Storege sites (rapidshare, mediafire, ... and the search engine FilesTube) like OpenDNS (they contain a lot of **** images and videos!!!)

If you add these option I think that Metacert will be very strong.
    Thanks! Warm regards

Damiano

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will update our Firefox extension to match that of our Chrome software as soon as we can – but it’s about one to months away.

Our Chrome extension does have much better security across image and video search. I’m afraid it’s not technically possible to stop people from uninstalling browser extensions in Chrome. But it is in Firefox so we will include that feature in an upcoming release.

Everything you ask for is included in our iPad browser so we are working hard to make these improvements across all our products.

7. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Chrome Family Safety Extension

Categories