How can we improve our website?

if it does not turn green

If the icon does not turn green I need to know why or your plugin is worse than useless. Me hovering over the Cryptonite icon and getting zero response makes me want to immediately uninstall. You must at least say something, perhaps "we have not checked this site", or "new site, submit for verification?".

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Patrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminPaul Walsh (Founder & CEO, MetaCert) responded  · 

Patrick, in relation to not turning the shield from black to green, I’ve also written about that here: https://medium.com/@Paul__Walsh/how-metacert-verifies-domains-for-cryptonite-a61864662546

I’ve changed the status to “under review” as I’d like to hear what others think in relation to this:

Being the best at one thing is better than being great at two things. We’d like people to see this extension as a way to stay safe while visiting crypto websites. I believe this is better achieved by only verifying crypto sites. This will also mean people are more likely to keep an eye out when visiting crypto sites.

I could be wrong about this. I’ve been debating with myself and within the team, whether or not to classify the most widely used sites outside of Crypto. More research is necessary. If you use Cryptonite and have an opinion, please tell me what you think.

I’d like to learn what the community would like us to do on this. It’s easy to label non-crypto sites and we’ll do it if it’s what people want.

What I can do is make it more obvious that we don’t label them.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminPaul Walsh (Founder & CEO, MetaCert) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also Ethr0g, we will allow site owners to submit their domains and social media accounts for verification but first, we need to update our technology and implement the right processes - this is not easy or low cost.

• Ethr0g commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Changelly}(https://changelly.com/) remains black! Why?
        I've been rewarded with MetaToken, let me use it, let me vote for cryptosites' authenticity. The thing with early adopters is that we wanna b involved.

• Ethr0g commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cryptonize! Provide a convenient way 4 business 2 claim their safety. Preferably backed by users feedback. Preferably live.
        The very 1st site i checked, was false "unsecure",its status was black and said "This has been verified by MetaCert", while i'm pretty sure the site is a legitimate fiat-crypto joint and is the authentic one.

Feedback and Knowledge Base